Thread: Full Melt

Question Full Melt

Im new to concentrates and was wondering the difference between full melt and half melt , and what is the best way to test for either of these two?

Quote Originally Posted by gatsby420 View Post
    Im new to concentrates and was wondering the difference between full melt and half melt , and what is the best way to test for either of these two?

From my experience you really can't trust any bud tenders word. I would say a good portion of the current bud tenders do not know much about hash or how it is made...

I've gotten some "bomb ass full melt" for 20 all the way up to 60 a G. and even the $60 wasn't full melt. You just have to find the right dispensary. There's a lot of controversy over what is "full melt" because again, most are not educated in this field.

When you burn full melt, say on top of weed, it's supposed to MELT/bubble not sit there and burn like charcoal, that is how you can tell the quality. The more impurities in the "full melt" the more likely it will charcoal effect on you.

Talk to the budtenders, get a feel of their knowledge. Last dispensary I went to pulled some shady shit. They had $10 clones and $30 a gram wax advertised. When I got there they were out of both items... I asked them why would they update their page a day ago only to be out for weeks. I'm pretty sure he was trying to sell his dirty black hash, the second I told him I was leaving becasue he didn't have the items he advertised he brought out some "FULL MELT" hash. THis shit was as black as night with a really nasty ISO smell. Fucker tried to pawn some nasty dirt hash on me for $25 a g. Ranting but I really dislike 99% of the dispensaries out there. Still havn't been to 1 "non-profit" dispensary that has lived up to the non profit name w/o generous donations. /rant

TLDR: 90% of all full melt you will get will be impure shit that does not melt but charcoal, to find full melt make sure it melts...
    Last edited by HASHMASTA; 05-24-2011 at 04:10 PM.

thanks hashmasta, Im going to do some experiments this weekend, I'll let ya know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by HASHMASTA View Post
    From my experience you really can't trust any bud tenders word. I would say a good portion of the current bud tenders do not know much about hash or how it is made...

I've gotten some "bomb ass full melt" for 20 all the way up to 60 a G. and even the $60 wasn't full melt. You just have to find the right dispensary. There's a lot of controversy over what is "full melt" because again, most are not educated in this field.

When you burn full melt, say on top of weed, it's supposed to MELT/bubble not sit there and burn like charcoal, that is how you can tell the quality. The more impurities in the "full melt" the more likely it will charcoal effect on you.

Talk to the budtenders, get a feel of their knowledge. Last dispensary I went to pulled some shady shit. They had $10 clones and $30 a gram wax advertised. When I got there they were out of both items... I asked them why would they update their page a day ago only to be out for weeks. I'm pretty sure he was trying to sell his dirty black hash, the second I told him I was leaving becasue he didn't have the items he advertised he brought out some "FULL MELT" hash. THis shit was as black as night with a really nasty ISO smell. Fucker tried to pawn some nasty dirt hash on me for $25 a g. Ranting but I really dislike 99% of the dispensaries out there. Still havn't been to 1 "non-profit" dispensary that has lived up to the non profit name w/o generous donations. /rant

TLDR: 90% of all full melt you will get will be impure shit that does not melt but charcoal, to find full melt make sure it melts...
    Wish I could "rep" this post as I agree with you 100% on the above bold. Your correct in everything else you wrote as well, im just over shady places too

Quote Originally Posted by gatsby420 View Post
    thanks hashmasta, Im going to do some experiments this weekend, I'll let ya know how it goes

Np buddy, any updates on how that went? It's been a while

/necro

Just don't buy hash. Weed is still scary to buy from these "medical dispensaries" because they let everyone play with the meds. I don't know how clean you are or if you just touched your balls. Keep that shit on the back shelf and have a sample tray.

Quote Originally Posted by endure View Post
    Just don't buy hash. Weed is still scary to buy from these "medical dispensaries" because they let everyone play with the meds. I don't know how clean you are or if you just touched your balls. Keep that shit on the back shelf and have a sample tray.
    I found mold in one of my old dispensaries I used. Never again, I check with my little jewelers loop.

On topic, the bubble has i've been picking up looks so amazing, and looks super melty. But not so much when I burn it. It slightly melts then stops and does the "charcoal effect".

It's still super strong so i buy more, $20 a gram... much more THC in that then a gram of weed.

If you ask the bud tender the difference between full melts and others that should be enough. Most will stutter some nonsense that doesn't sound right.