Few Michigan cities decided to let the weed flow
When Harrison Township votes on its medical marijuana ordinance next month, there is expected to be little opposition to the plan to allow a couple of dozen cannabis businesses into the Macomb County community.
“At last check, we had 18 legitimate grow operations in the community. At a minimum, if there is an existing business, why would we tell the owner, 'You have to evict your tenant?'” said township Supervisor Ken Verkest. “This is a great source of revenue for us. Whether you like it or not, it’s coming. Isn’t it better to eliminate these black market, cash-only guys?”
It's a different story in Oakland County’s Oakland Township, where township Supervisor Dale Stuart says medical marijuana businesses will never be welcome.
- 406,313 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 361,369 Views Category: Culture
- 273,883 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 272,435 Views Category: Fun
- 196,907 Views Category: Odd
- 155,285 Views Category: Fun
- 148,238 Views Category: Videos
- 147,331 Views Category: Nugs
- 147,312 Views Category: News
- 146,113 Views Category: Nugs