Here's why marijuana will eventually be legal in Illinois
Regardless of how you feel personally about recreational marijuana, the majority of Illinoisans and the vast majority of Chicagoans support marijuana legalization. According to a recent poll from a public policy institute at Southern Illinois University, 66 percent of voters in the state support recreational marijuana, while 74 percent of Chicagoans are in favor of legalization. Citing these and other statistics, state lawmakers and marijuana reform advocates held a press conference in Chicago on Wednesday to unveil a new approach to making pot legal in the Land of Lincoln.
Sen. Heather Steans and Rep. Kelly Cassidy, both of Chicago, were joined by figures from various marijuana advocacy groups to lay out how they plan to grow bipartisan support of pending legislation that would make it legal for adults to possess, purchase and grow small amounts of marijuana. Through public hearings, mobilizing support and sound policy, the message on Wednesday was that it's only a matter of time until grass gets a pass.
- 410,617 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 363,927 Views Category: Culture
- 276,476 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 273,206 Views Category: Fun
- 196,990 Views Category: Odd
- 155,357 Views Category: Fun
- 149,001 Views Category: Videos
- 148,100 Views Category: Nugs
- 148,087 Views Category: News
- 146,876 Views Category: Nugs