The Ultimate Prop 64 California Marijuana Legalization FAQ
Wait, so what happened?
California legalized marijuana. Proposition 64 passed by a margin of 56 percent to 44 percent.
You’re shitting me.
Nope. The sixth-largest economy in the world just legalized cannabis.
And it was called Proposition 64?
It was on the ballot in California along with the presidential election. The state passed medical marijuana in 1996. Six years ago, there was a valiant attempt to make it all legal. That initiative lost narrowly. Activists went back to the drawing board and put together what was intended to be a model of the form, the mother of all marijuana legalization initiatives. It was a tough fight, but attitudes toward marijuana are shifting so fast that, with the benefit of hindsight, it was clear the opposition never had a chance.
- 419,051 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 368,147 Views Category: Culture
- 280,977 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 273,396 Views Category: Fun
- 197,189 Views Category: Odd
- 155,559 Views Category: Fun
- 149,180 Views Category: Videos
- 148,300 Views Category: News
- 148,291 Views Category: Nugs
- 147,123 Views Category: Nugs